RMA is seeking an actuarial professional to join our team. Under the direction of a Senior Actuary, this candidate will maintain, enhance, and build actuarial models, perform experience studies, and use them to prepare actuarial reports for liabilities for benefits provided to our nation’s Veterans.
Candidates with a strong interest in applying their actuarial and systems knowledge in a non-traditional environment are encouraged to apply.
- Apply advanced actuarial techniques across all tasks
- Develop, maintain, and analyze projection models
- Apply sound actuarial principles and maintain actuarial qualifications in compliance with regulations
- Reconcile and analyze actuarial inputs and outputs
- Collaborate with key leaders in order to identify and meet information needs
- Establish actuarial procedures and document them for internal use
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience involving the application of actuarial principles in a business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the ‘story’ behind data and computations based on that data
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Completion of at least two actuarial examinations.
- SAS, SQL, and Visual Basic for Applications expertise would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with predictive modeling would be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) holder
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive 401K Employer Match
- Employee Coaching and Mentoring Program
- Health and Wellness Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
RMA Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.