RMA is seeking an experienced data analyst and programmer to support our actuarial team. Strong knowledge of SAS and programming is highly desired.
Under the direction of a Senior Actuary, this candidate will maintain, enhance, and build actuarial models, perform experience studies, and use them to prepare actuarial reports for liabilities for benefits provided to our nation’s Veterans.
Candidates with a strong interest in applying their SAS and SQL knowledge in a non-traditional environment are encouraged to apply.
- Apply actuarial techniques across all tasks.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze projection models.
- Apply sound actuarial principles and maintain actuarial qualifications in compliance with regulations.
- Reconcile and analyze actuarial inputs and outputs.
- Collaborate with key leaders in order to identify and meet information needs.
- Establish actuarial procedures and document them for internal use.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Actuarial Science, IT, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- SAS, SQL, and/or Visual Basic for Applications.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience involving the application of actuarial principles in a business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the ‘story’ behind data and computations based on that data.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with predictive modeling would be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive 401K Employer Match
- Employee Coaching and Mentoring Program
- Health and Wellness Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefit Account (CBA)
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Your career is yours to shape. We offer structured learning and development that will give you the analytical and consultancy skills to succeed. Our clients require innovative solutions to their challenges. We equip you with the ability to deliver and gain valuable experience across different geographies and sectors.
RMA Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.