Senior Actuarial Associate / Actuary
RMA is seeking an actuarial professional to join our team. The position offered to the selected candidate can be either at the Sr. Actuarial Associate or the Actuary level depending on qualifications.
Under the direction of a Senior Actuary, this candidate will maintain, enhance, and build actuarial models, perform experience studies, and use them to prepare actuarial reports for liabilities for benefits provided to our nation’s Veterans.
Candidates with a strong interest in applying their actuarial and systems knowledge in a non-traditional environment are encouraged to apply.
- Apply advanced actuarial techniques across all tasks
- Develop, maintain, and analyze projection models
- Apply sound actuarial principles and maintain actuarial qualifications in compliance with regulations
- Reconcile and analyze actuarial inputs and outputs
- Collaborate with key leaders in order to identify and meet information needs
- Establish actuarial procedures and document them for internal use
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 3-10 years of experience involving the application of actuarial principles in a business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the ‘story’ behind data and computations based on that data
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Completion of at least two actuarial examinations for the Sr. Associate Actuary level, and attainment of the Associate, Society of Actuaries (ASA) for the Actuary level.
- Membership in good standing with the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA), or ability to acquire membership within six months of hire.
- For the Actuary level, attainment of Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA) is preferred, but not required.
- SAS, SQL, and Visual Basic for Applications expertise would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with predictive modeling would be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) holder
- Telecommuting option available
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive 401K Employer Match
- Employee Coaching and Mentoring Program
- Health and Wellness Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Your career is yours to shape. We offer structured learning and development that will give you the analytical and consultancy skills to succeed. Our clients require innovative solutions to their challenges. We equip you with the ability to deliver and gain valuable experience across different geographies and sectors. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional RMA experience lasts a lifetime.
RMA Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.